Donnerstag, 4. Juni 2009

Study Abroad - Interviews with International Students - part II

Hosanna Okamura from Tokyo:
“Dortmund was big enough to have culture, like art and music, but it was calm enough for me to focus on my student life. I do not like having too much entertainment because then it becomes a distraction and takes energy away from learning, but I definitely wanted to be in touch with culture. I think Dortmund had a good balance.
I grew up in Tokyo, so I knew how stressful it can be to live in a city that large and crowded. I appreciated Dortmund's calmness, and also loved going to the museums around the Ruhr-Gebiet!”


Amy Hill from the USA:
“The trains always go, you can get home at 4 am easily. You can always go out, no matter where you are in Germany. It’s pretty cheap in Dortmund, too.”


Susanna Strand from Uppsala, Sweden:

“I was positively surprised when I arrived because I was so well taken care of. I don’t think we give the same welcome to exchange students at home, so I did not expect that. Making friends was really easy because of the German course and the tutorium and because everyone is so open and friendly. The thing I was the least prepared for was choosing courses, but I think that was mainly because of lack of communication between my coordinator at home and the department here. I was also unhappy at first about the accommodation, but now I’ve grown used to it and quite like it (mainly because of the other people living there!). I still find it a bit expensive though (246 euro and no internet). I haven’t travelled much because I haven’t really found the time. Also, I enjoy being here in Dortmund and experiencing the area around here. I must say that the NRW-ticket is great though, and I will certainly miss having something like that when I go home!
I love all the parks in and around Dortmund, it’s so beautiful! When my mum was here I took her around the Westfalenpark and Rombergpark for example and she really enjoyed it. I also like the atmosphere in the city – German people are nice!”


------------------------------------


Video messages

Here, Danielle Nicole Chapman from the USAgives us an insight of her Dortmund Experience:



Danielle also has a blog about her experience in Germany. Check it out here.

Pedro Garcia from Portugal is fascinated by the German culture and likes the way Dortmund people live in the city:




How the University keeps a good eye on their exchange students, this tells you Maxi from Germany:




Fullbright Professor Reed is honoring the American studies department as a guest lecturer this semester. His stay and teaching experiences have been very exciting so far:



------------------------------------

entry by Kristin Walter

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen